Answers to a tester from Mary Crane….
- The first four King Georges. Which of the four can lay claim to which of the following facts…
a) He had 15 illegitimate children! GEORGE III (APPARENTLY THEY WERE LEGITIMATE!!)
b) He divorced his wife and locked her up for 32 years until her death. GEORGE I
c) He acted as Regent for part of his father’s reign. GEORGE VI
d) His passion for music and opera encouraged Handel to make England his home. GEORGE II
2. How many King Georges have there been? SIX
3. Which of these men had more than one term as Prime Minister?
James Callaghan; Harold Wilson; Anthony Eden; Alex Douglas-Home
4. Which Prime Minister said which of these…
a) I feel the hand of history upon our shoulders. TONY BLAIR
b) I believe it is peace for our time. NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN
c) The lady’s not for turning. MARGARET THATCHER
d) I have climbed to the top of the greasy poll. BENJAMIN DISRAELI
e) Give us the tools and we will finish the job. WINSTON CHURCHILL
5. Who was this country’s first Prime Minister? ROBERT WALPOLE
6. Which Prime Minister promised to stop his party “banging on about Europe”? DAVID CAMERON
7. Which of these British monarchs has reigned for the longest period?
Elizabeth II; George III; Victoria; Elizabeth I
8. Who was Elizabeth I’s mother? ANN BOLEYN
9. Who was the first King of Scotland and England? JAMES I of England, VI of Scotland
10. Who is fourth in the line of succession to the British throne? Princess Charlotte (daughter of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge)